28.2.13

Fiji with friends

After my very brief stopover at home two weeks ago it was on to Sydney for a day before flying out to Nadi. Of course, as my mother was Fijian and half of my relatives live there, I have visited numerous times before (see my last trip here), but this was the first time I was taking a group of friends along to experience the country with myself as 'tour guide'.

Wanting to show the guys some of the best spots in Fiji during our short stay our itinerary was jam packed, including a visit to our village (where everyone went to church and were a source of fascination for the kids), a picnic lunch with snorkelling around the side of our island, a stay on Fiji's "garden island" Taveuni with it's waterfalls and natural slide, and paddle boarding at Wailoaloa Beach in Nadi. Not to mention the amazing hospitality shown to our guests by my family, who ensured in true Fijian style we were VERY well fed, and of course my favourite reason for going home - seeing my gorgeous little cousins!

No comments:

Post a Comment